VALENTINE DAYZ MOVIE
General Admission: $10.50 (Purchase Tickets)
Film Starts: 7:30pm
Contest Registration & Judging: 6:00pm – 7:15pm (at box office area)
Final Judging: Around 8:15pm (theater stage)
Q&A: Around 8:45pm (theater stage)
Address: 2300 E Baristo Rd, Palm Springs, CA 92262
Phone: (760) 325-6565
A whirlwind romance is interrupted by the zombie apocalypse when Sara (Carrie Keagan) is claimed by the virus, and Max (Dallas Valdez) is forced back to a life he left behind.
Written and Directed by: Mark Allen Michaels
Produced by: Staci Layne Wilson, Kate Rees Davies
Starring: Dallas Valdez, Carrie Keagan
From the team that brought you “The Fiancé” – a bigfoot thriller written and directed by Mark Allen Michaels – comes “Valentine DayZ”.
“Valentine DayZ” is a heart-stopping horror story written and directed by Michaels, and produced by Staci Layne Wilson (“Fetish Factory”) and Kate Rees Davies (“Altered Perception”).
Revisiting his unique blend of hardboiled crime thriller and brutal, bloody horror, Michaels’ “Valentine DayZ” takes his characters on a journey from the champagne and yacht lifestyles of the rich and corrupt, to doom and despair in Death Valley as the zombie apocalypse threatens everything they hold dear.
Dallas Valdez (“The Fiancé”) and Carrie Keagan (“Sharknado 4”) are the leads. Rounding out the cast are Robert Allen Allen Mukes (“Westworld” TV series), Diane Ayala Goldner (“The Collector”), and Curt Lambert (“The Hotel Barclay” TV series). *This film has not been rated.
Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office and
the Riverside County Film Commission
Contact: Levi Vincent (760) 861-1182
Sponsored in part by our amazing friends:
ZOMBIE CONTEST! Wear your best Zombie Costume and if you’re selected as one of the top 10, we’ll invite you on stage for the audience and director to judge! 1st Place: $100 Gift Certificate. 2nd Place: $50 Gift Certificate. 3rd Place: $25 Gift Certificate. Sponsor Gift Certificates vary. Scary fun!
Dress your ZOMBIE best for a chance to win!
IN A NUTSHELL Show up dressed like a Zombie and register with the Zombie Judges – they’ll explain the rest.
A SUMMARY OF THE RULES
CONTEST REGISTRATION. All Zombies wishing to compete in the Zombie Contest must register at the Zombie Judging table between 6:00pm and 7:15pm PDT on October 30, 2017 at the Camelot Theatres Palm Springs.
JUDGING PROCESS. Step 1. During the registration process, the Zombie Judges will examine and select 10 contestants and issue a contestant pass. Step 2. At the conclusion of the film, the 10 contestants will be asked to the stage. Step 3. Via audience applause, 3 contestants will be selected based on the loudest applause received. Step 4. Of the 3, via audience applause, 2 semi-finalists will be selected based on the loudest applause received (the zombie not selected will win 3rd place). Step 5. Valentine DayZ director, Mark Allen Michaels will select his favorite Zombie (1st place) and the zombie not selected will win 2nd place.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. If you wish to participate in the Zombie Contest and are selected as one of the top 10 zombies and do not hold a movie ticket, you will be issued a Zombie Pass from the Zombie Judges during registration between 6:00pm and 7:00pm PDT on October 30, 2017. Zombie Pass holders will be invited into the theater at the conclusion of the film (around 8:30pm) at which time you may participate in the contest.
PRIZES. 1st Place: $100 Gift Certificate 2nd Place: $50.00 Gift Certificate. 3rd Place: $25.00 Gift Certificate. Gift certificates will vary based on participating sponsors.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. THE PURCHASE OF A THEATER TICKET DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who attend the Valentine DayZ special screening at the Camelot Theatres, 2300 E Baristo Rd, Palm Springs, CA 92262 on October 30, 2017 between 6:00 P.M. – 7:15 P.M. PDT, and who are 16 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States, the District of Columbia, and other locales under United States jurisdiction including Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, American Virgin Islands, and other protected territories, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
a) Participation: All Zombies wishing to compete in the Zombie Contest must register at the Zombie Judging table between 6:00pm and 7:15pm PDT on October 30, 2017 located outside the Camelot Theatres Palm Springs near the theater box office.
b) Judging Process: Step 1. During the registration process, the Zombie Judges will examine and select 10 contestants and issue a contestant pass. Step 2. At the conclusion of the film, the 10 contestants will be asked to the stage. Step 3. Via audience applause, 3 contestants will be selected based on the loudest applause received. Step 4. Of the 3, via audience applause, 2 semi-finalists will be selected based on the loudest applause received (the zombie not selected will win 3rd place). Step 5. Valentine DayZ director, Mark Allen Michaels will select his favorite Zombie (1st place) and the zombie not selected will win 2nd place.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries can participate on October 30, 2017 starting at 6:00 P.M. PDT and ending on October 30, 2017 8:30 P.M. PDT, or at the time the movie ends. All contestants must register on October 30, 2017 at 6:00 P.M. through 7:15 P.M. PDT to be eligible to participate in the final stage selection.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by participating in person during the Zombie Costume Contest located at Camelot Theatres Palm Springs, 2300 E Baristo Rd, Palm Springs, CA 92262. The entry must participate in Campaign, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office. You may enter only once. You may not enter more times or attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your participation may be denied from eligibility at the sole discretion of Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office.
a) No Purchase Necessary. An entrant may participate in the contest if he/she requests a special pass from the Zombie Judges to enter the theater. Once the film has concluded, entrants will be allowed access to the theater to participate in the final selection process. Entrant must request special pass by visiting the registration table between 6:00 PM – 7:15 P.M PDT on October 30, 2017.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive First Place $100 Gift Certificate, Second Place $50 Gift Certificate, and Third Place, a $25 Gift Certificate. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by Audience Participation under the supervision of Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office. Winner will be notified upon completion of audience participation and Director selection. If Winner is ineligible, fails to claim the prize at completion of contest, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT GREATER PALM SPRINGS FILM ALLIANCE & FILM OFFICE‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., in person, etc.), You understand and agree that Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office, anyone acting on behalf of Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office, and Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office may select the Winner from all eligible entries received at/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office. Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to disrupt votes for any reason. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Riverside County, California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office, Inc.
- Facebook: If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a contest, include the following: The Campaign hosted by Greater Palm Springs Film Alliance & Film Office is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- By participating in the contest, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules & Regulations.